Friday, April 26, 2013

The Value of Gym Classes

Authors note: This is an essay we had to right for Fitness. This is my take on it.


We’ve had a variant of Fitness classes in this school district since all way back in Kindergarten. Back then we just called in gym. When we got into Horizon, it was called PE. Now that we’re here in Asa, it’s just called Fitness and Health. In every variant of the class, it has always provided a lot of value towards me.

Gym class has always provided me a good amount of exercise. I don’t play many sports anymore and I need to get some somehow. Gym has been my primary source of exercise for a while now. I feel like it has helped me improve my health and I feel a lot more comfortable running and moving around now, near the end of middle school, than when I started it.

Not only has it provided me exercise, its also given me some fun with friends. Playing a game or just passing a ball back and forth at the start of class, we get a lot of time to talk and just have fun. It also helps gain new friends as well.

Gym and physical activity is very valuable to me. I think gym is a very important class class to help keep us fit and healthy and also give us some social interaction. It’s an essential break we need from just sitting in a classroom working all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment